Search

Monday, July 7, 2014

Review | The summer I turned pretty by Jenny Han.

Title: The summer I turned pretty.
Author: Jenny Han
Publication date:  May 5th, 2009
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Genre(s): Young Adult (Contemporary)
Source: Goodreads
Format: Paperback
Pages: 276
Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.
* This review may contain spoilers *

Okay, if you need a cute summer read then definitely pick this one up! I love Jenny Han's writing style. You read in the past and in the now which is really cool. I LOVED the characters. You really bond with them. Now I finished the first book in the Summer trilogy, I can't wait for the other books to pick up! 

Some parts in the book were a little bit slow, but near the end I just wanted to know everything. I thought that the two Beck's boys were awesome characters. I nearly melted when Conrad was introduced. Although I am more team Conrad, I really felt sorry for Jeremiah. And let's not forget Susannah, Honourable mention to her for being the embodiment of summer, and pretty much perfect. 

I really recommend this book if you're looking for a summer beach read with romance in it!

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.








No comments:

Post a Comment